6.23.2009

Dimmers (Sensitive)

I should not be surprised that in the underwear world, there is something for everything. After all, cars start now without keys, my mop mops without really being a mop at all, my oven self-cleans, and I can watch whatever show I want whenever I want with the click of a button. So today when I visited a lingerie boutique in hopes of getting fitted for a bra, post nursing two children (i.e. does half-filled plastic bags of water mean anything to you? (subliminal shout out to LW:)) I don't know why I was shocked that they sell strapless bras, that's really not a bra at all??!! and they also have a bra made for 90+ degree humid summers in the south for moms running around with two kids. It resembles a sports bra, but envision 50% less material, and 500 thread count pima cotton sheets. ahhh yes. someone was thinking when they created that one.

Back to the non-strapless bra...if you've ever had to wear 'pads' in your bra or bathingsuit (not that I have at all;)) but I'm sure I've been roommates or sisters with someone who has and found one of those pad inserts lying around; well basically thats what the 'bra consultant' handed me, and told me to 'stick them on'. They even had a nice little hook to keep them together in the front. If you're thinking, dude I wore those in college, no way baby, these aren't bandaids, these don't leave a nice rash for the next week, and you definitely don't throw them away after one night out. These are 100% fabric fully padded boobie covers. So you sort of get a nice and free feeling but are 100% secure. And they last for months. and months. I'll let you know...

So, what are dimmers? well, I tried on my new 'sporty 500 thread count bra', took a little nap in the dressing room, and peeked out for my bra consultant to ask, this is sort of thin, do you think I need something more? her response, "well we do have these things called dimmers if you would like to try them??" I couldn't really keep a straight face and reverted back to age 13 for a split second. I didn't ask to see them and decided the dimmers would most definitely fall into the hands of my 3 year old and I'm not sure how I could explain that one away. So no dimmers, but I am the proud owner of 2 new sporty 500 thread count bras, and two boobie covers that don't quit!!

2 comments:

brooke b said...

Lindsey - you are hilarious. I'm going to be doing some further investigating the next time i'm shopping sans kiddos! HA!

Brett and Jennifer said...

holy cow- where did you go and i need pictures...G rated ones!