Today we were baking my favorite chocolate chip pound cake. yum. Sophie is as tiny as they come, but its not for lack of eating desserts. My girl can flat clean out a bowl of batter and wear it well. This afternoon was no different. She grabbed one of the beaters, licked it clean, dipped it back in the bowl of batter and licked it clean again. In the process a glop of chocolate landed on her foot. I watched in disbelief and amusement as she contorted her body to lick the glop of chocolate off her foot. In all seriousness. Another glop...on her shirt. Same process. Chase it girl. This whole process amused me because it's exactly what I want to do with the batter, and sometimes do, but behind closed doors. I love the freedom that children have!
The following are pics of Sophie's field trip to the James K. Polk Historic Home. The first couple are some games they played.


The next couple are at their preschool 'hoedown'...Stone's first performance. He was so cute.


This final pic is so sad...Sophie picked up a jalapeno pepper that I was chopping and rubbed her hands all over her face. It was on fire as you can probably tell!! I quickly googled what to do and supposedly shaving cream kills the burn. It worked!!! and Stone had a good time playing in daddy's shaving cream.
No comments:
Post a Comment