
Yes, I did it again. Its like having chocolate chip cookies in my cupboard and swearing I won't have another one before bed, but I know I'm going to do it anyway. I know, no one says the word cupboard anymore either. Today I went back to the Lazy 5 Ranch. I guess you could say it was our 4th Annual Trip, which probably makes it "a tradition." gasp. sucking air. A shout out to Brooke for giving me the idea this morning. An even bigger shout out for introducing me to flickr and cutting and pasting code into my blogger. I feel so savvy.
I have a love/hate relationship with the Lazy 5 and here's why. For the past 3 years we've gone on a wagon ride; the other option is driving your own car. The first year Sophie was too young and clung to me the whole time...and it was 95 degrees. Bumpy wagon, open air, 95 degrees with a 1 year old hanging on for dear life. The wagon ride is an entire hour. Year 2 - Freezing, 8 mos pregnant, enough said. Year 3 - Smoking hot, wearing an infant, Sophie's sort of into it, did I say smoking hot already? Its still an hour long but felt like three.
So this year I took a different approach. We went without a group and declined the wagon ride. We got there early so it was only 85 instead of 100 degrees. The trip through the zoo was half an hour shorter AND in the AIR CONDITIONING!! WHOOT WHOOT! And when my children were scared, I just rolled up the windows. Take that Mr. Emu.

The pictures are horrible, but keep in mind that each picture was taken while driving, and holding a feed bucket. and probably calming a crying child. Driving your car is not for the faint of heart. or for those who are particular about the cleanliness of their car.
As usual, the kids liked the animals but loved the playground. This playground is nothing special, certainly not a 50 minutes drive kind of special. It was in the shade though so I'll take it. I'm not even going to say it. I know we'll be back next year.

2 comments:
Man, you were on it!! Must have been all the adrenaline from PH class!! We're heading there tomorrow. Hope we have some fun pictures to share (verses complaining, winey, sweaty boys)...haha
LOVE that you are back in the blog world!
PS Can't believe the Reece's were there the same day!! We went today and had much fun!
Post a Comment