I really tried to get psyched up for this. After all, the last time I wore my maternity bathingsuit to the pool "post pregnancy" I felt like I could host a small picnic on all the extra fabric.
I tore open the box and was relieved to see that it definitely looked WAY too big. I had ordered 3 sizes above my normal size because I didn't want to suffer thru sending it back with reason code 'TTA' (Too tight in the A@@). I tried it on in front of Sophie because what 2 year old has any fashion sense, plus I'm her mom and she's too young to know I am anything less than great. She smiled really big as if to say "good try mommy". No offense taken.
To my dismay, it fit perfectly. And I definitely looked like a mommy in it....a mommy in her mid-forties. For kicks, I pulled out one of the bathingsuits I wore on our honeymoon. You know, just to 'sit' in my pain a little longer. Pain is good right? It builds character, faith, and somehow hope for the future. Actually it just made me laugh. I loved my life then and love it now, and love who I've become as Jay's wife and Sophie & Stone's mom.
And more importantly, I still have the same pair of flipflops that I wore on my honeymoon and they still fit perfectly. The casual pair and the dressy pair.
Some updated pics:Getting ready for a family walk (Sophie says always look your best, even while exercising)
No comments:
Post a Comment