7.10.2008

Who's Your Daddy?

Sophie continues to amaze us with her knowledge and ability to pick up on things. Tonight when Jay came home from work, Sophie and I were in the playroom and he sat down on the floor to join us. He and I were discussing his day when Sophie called out, "Daddy, come here. Come here, daddy." We are trying to teach her not to interrupt and we were in the middle of a conversation so we didn't immediately acknowledge her. Suddenly we heard, "Come here, Jay. Jay, come here." Hunh? Who's Jay? Well I know who Jay is but who is Sophie referring to? We were completely astonished. I guess I knew this day would come at some point. Our little girl is growing up. I'm sure next week she'll want her ears pierced or even worse, want to wear a bra. Okay, that could be an exaggeration but I would love for her to stay this age forever.

No comments: