I was so that mom today. and yesterday. and probably the day before that but I can't remember that far back. Stone started Music Class today...music class for a one year old looks like this. 8 moms and their babes sitting in a circle with moms singing at about 30% and a teacher desperately trying to get the moms to sing/do motions while their children do one of several things: sit politely on their mom's lap, sit in the middle of the circle and investigate the other children / moms, or walk around the room and poke/push/pull at everything/everyone else. I'm usually in the first set (w/child #1), scoffing at the child who won't sit politely and wondering exactly what I did right to have a child with such good behavior. Well now I have been humbled with a second child, who so happens to be a boy and is named Stone Eich (100% height, 75% weight).
Stone was clearly enjoying being the center of attention today. and when he wasn't enjoying dancing in the center, he was pulling keys and teacher lists off the table. and when she passed out sticks to clap together, I really thought it would be a good time for a mommy potty break, or a quick smoke- kidding...but I did have to ultimately take them away for fear of another child losing an eyeball.
For the most part everyone laughed and thought he was cute. He was well-behaved, except for the stick part, just very busy and curious, which is what makes him who he is. Thankfully this is a very 'Type B' style class where creativity and roaming the room is encouraged - I am happy to report that Stone was the inspiration for new ways to clomp sticks together. But I did see a couple of moms with a reprimand behind their eyes - these were moms with little girls politely sitting in their laps:) The many ways God teaches us humility...
1 comment:
Stone sounds like he was having fun! :) Where are you doing music class? Griffin and I are doing Music Together on Mondays (far south, out near Blakney)
Post a Comment