1.22.2009

Snow Days!








I still get that giddy anticipation feeling when I hear that we're going to get snow. It used to come from getting out of school at the first sight of snowfall. Since I'm no longer in school, I think the feeling comes from joining everyone else in getting to 'play' and the world slowing down. This was a really pretty snowfall as it snowed lightly until around noon, and then the sun came out. And then 2 seconds later the snow melted. But we had our fun nonetheless. Sophie didn't really get the whole snowball thing and didn't think it was funny when I pelted her a few times...maybe next year:) Stone won the best outfit award but could have cared less about the snow.

Jay left for work around 11 when everyone got too cold. So Sophie joined me in watching the inauguration. She NEVER just sits and watches tv with me so I was really excited she wanted to watch. She knows that we have a new President and his name is 'Bomma. And you can make really good singing rhymes and dances to his name. Around 12:10 (about halfway thru his speech) she perked up and found that climbing onto my shoulders and then sitting on my head was much more interesting.

No comments: