12.18.2008
Confessions
I decided this week that housecleaning was not one of my gifts. Once I enlightened myself with this truth, I found more freedom in dealing with the reality that the house must be cleaned. Monday night our Community Group came over for our annual Christmas dinner. I love hosting gatherings like this because it gives me an excuse to use my china, nice linens, etc. and have adult conversations. Sort of like playing tea party at age 29;). Side note: I made my first brisket ever. It was a bit drier than I would have liked but overall am satisfied with the outcome. Anyway, it was Tuesday morning that it hit me...you know, the housecleaning thing...so while I had run the dishes (I was smart enough to get china that will run through the dishwasher) everything else was still piled up and sort of smelled like day old brisket. But I decided I deserved a rest while Sophie was at preschool and decided to read instead of clean. And it was so freeing!!! Wednesday came and went and I was still exercising my freedom. Jay came home from work and sort of laughed and shook his head. He will help but is not allowed to unload the dishwasher before 7 am because it sounds like the Boston Tea Party took over the front part of the house. And he's been working late most nights. He went out to dinner Wed night and I decided since I did not live alone and have small children with weaker immune systems than myself, I must now clean. And it actually felt GREAT! Jay came home later that evening and with much relief said, "Thank you. It was starting to really stink in here." Even though we've been married 6 years I was really embarrassed. Not really sure why I shared this except for the fact it cracked me up. I don't want to live under false pretense, that being that I and my house are clean and pretty all the time. That's not who I am nor will I ever be. I'm sure I haven't fooled most of you anyway:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you sure do have me fooled! :) next time tell jay we will do the dishes before we leave!
Post a Comment