11.16.2008

Bathroom Talk

Sophie has a "bathroom buddy". This said "bathroom buddy" is also her best friend Addy. Addy and Sophie spend about 5 days of the week together either at preschool, church or gymnastics. They also take dancing on the same day but at different times, so if Sophie's really lucky, she runs into Addy on her way out.
Anyway, about a month ago when I picked Sophie up from school Ms Kelly said, "Addy and Sophie always go to the bathroom together." Oh how sweet I thought. The next week she told me, "You don't ever have to worry about Sophie or Addy being regular, they pooped 3 times today." I'm sure you're wondering the same thing I was, "3 times each or all total"? That is, 3 times each in 3.5 hours. Apparently later that week they were both sitting on their respective potties (there are 2 in the bathroom at school) and Sophie said, "Hey Ad, do you have another one?" I'm beginning to wonder if I could save a lot of money by just bringing Addy and Sophie to my house 3 days a week and locking them in the bathroom together. Nonetheless, it is amusing to pick her up and get the DL on the daily bathroom chatter.
Today, Jay and I taught Sophie's class at church and I became the bathroom monitor. At Sophie's age, about 50% of the class is potty trained and the other 50% are interested so I spent about 80% of the hour in the potty. Of course, Sophie and Addy had to go potty at the same time. I guess its kind of like female college roommates or best friends all being on the same 'cycle'. Addy was 'going' and Sophie leaned in for a peek. "Whoa Addy that's a big one" Addy said, "It's this big" and made a little circle with her fingers. Sophie said, "Good job Ad". At this point I am doubled over. I can't wait for Sophie to read this when she's 15 and I tell her that she leaned over the toilet bowl with Addy still on it to examine her poop:)

2 comments:

brooke b said...

Seriously...this is HILARIOUS. My boys used to label their own ('oh..that one was daddy size'....'oh..that one was just a brother size'). But the fact that they are in-cahoots together...too funny!

Unknown said...

I'm about to fall on the floor laughing!!! WOW. Sweet that you have a little encourager in the fam! (FYI- My bro used to say if it was a "snake" or a "worm"). He'd die if he knew I told anyone.

Also...LOVE the fall pictures. Sophie in the leaves is precious. I'll call you Saturday and hopefully we can catch up!